Avvo Questions & Answers

Get the legal answers you need from licensed attorneys.

Question

Can I expect jail time with a second DUI, and can I get a restricted license sooner than the normal 1-year suspension?

Can I expect jail time with a second DUI and is there a way to get a restricted license sooner than the normal 1 year suspension?

Can you go to jail for your second DUI? I was arrested by CHP a few days ago around 9:30pm for my second DUI offense. My first offense was 1 year ago. I was pulled over for speeding. I gave the officer my license and registration, and then he came back and asked how much I had to drink. I told the officer I had a few beers during the day, having my last around 4:30 - 5pm.

I was asked to perform several DUI tests, which I passed very well in my eyes, as well as the witness' with me. Then I performed a breath test, two times before he arrested me and again after I was put in the car. The last one he let me see, which was a 0.12. I was sent to jail spent 24 hours in the loop and was eventually bailed out. I'm concerned because I'm very self reliant, and I have a good stable job that depends on me that i cannot afford to lose.

This is my second DUI in California, will I get jail time?

| 8 answers
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer
Answer

Sponsored Listings

Loading content

28731EB2-58E3-4EAD-9AF7-03A80A94D0EF