Skip to main content

Can I draw social security from my dead father

New York, NY |

can i draw social sercurity from my dead father,ive never been married and he died when i was still in school

+ Read More

Filed under: Social security
Attorney answers 1


You can review the free information available at the website for the Social Security Administration ( ). Look for articles on "survivors benefits".

Unless you are still under 18 or disabled with certain qualifications, you likely would not qualify for SS benefits through your father.

Application filed with SSA is free. If there is any basis to think that you qualify, you may want to apply.