Skip to main content

Can I do a foreclosure on the house of my previous employer?

Somerset, NJ |

I was working for a company in NJ, employer had not paid me for 6 months and then they decided to close the company. So I filed a case in the LWD but issue not resolved and case transferred to the Superior Court of NJ and court judgment was in favor to me. Then I had filled the case in the Sheriff of county to collect the money. The Sheriff posted two notices of collection of my money on door of the employer house. Still the employer did not responded and now the sheriff office said next step to be taken for foreclosure of the house. Now I confused, whether this will be right step or not, because as I know that the one house or joint named house cannot be foreclosed for the one of the joint named owned money of some one. Would you please give me guidance & what can be result? Thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You have a situation that is much too complicated for an answer over Avvo, which is designed as a forum for general answers to general questions. You should consult with an attorney who does collections to guide you through this maze. Good luck.

A response to a question posted on Avvo is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is informational only. Allan E. Richardson, Esq. Richardson, Galella & Austermuhl 142 Emerson ST., Woodbury, NJ 08096 856-579-7045.


This is not a question an Employment Attorney could answer unless he/she has experience with collections.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer