Skip to main content

Can I deal with civil action foreclosure without lawyer?

Camp Hill, PA |

Am 8 months in arrears have been talking with Chase who hold mortgage and have applied for Mortgage assistance am also trying to sell but have not discussed short sale. I have just received forclosure notice with 20 days to respond to I am guessing court of common pleas. Cant afford lawyer can I deal with this myself? If so what next?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Sorry to hear about your situation. In America you can handle legal matters without a lawyer but it is not a good idea, IMHO. Many states have programs such as the one in Florida where Florida licensed attorneys donate their time to try to help individuals save their homes. You can google to find out if your state has such a program or you could call your local or state bar associations if your state has them.

Good luck.