Skip to main content

Can i cross the US from Mexico border several times a week with my French Passport using VWP?

San Diego, CA |

I was born in France and moved to Israel, therefor I have dual citizenships.
I also entered the US this year through airline using the French passport VWP (Visa Waiver Program) two times and both stamps gave me a 90 days stay.
I also have a business in Israel which i fully own, vehicle, bank accounts and family which i support. (Proof of tie to home country)
I am planning on going to Mexico (Tijuana) and live with my friends for a year or more, Using the french passport again which should allow me 6 months of stay, and then apply for an FM-2 Visa.
Now i would like to go to the US several times a week since the border will be right next to me... and go back to Mexico the same day. (Rarely i might stay there for a night or two)
How can i do so with no problems?

I've read about the "Border Crossing Card" but it is issued exclusively to Mexican Citizens. The only other option i see is applying for a B2 Visa, since i have no intent to immigrate, using again the French passport, at the US consulate in Mexico. I would like to know any troubles that I might have in this case or any other better possibilities about this.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Yes for a time or two. Then, you will be stopped and deported back to Mexico and become inadmissible for 5 years.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer