Skip to main content

Can i counter sue chase bank who tried to foreclose on my house but failed and the judge dismissed the case

North Bergen, NJ |

chase bank bought my mortg 3 years ago from the first month they claimed that i am behind on my payments i cotinued to make the mortg payment that went on for 3 years tried everything finally we ended up in court .we went through the discovery period ,but the bank could not come with any evidence or support to his claims to forcloseon the property the judge dismissed the case can i sue the bank for what they put me through , emotional stress loos of credit .....etc

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can sue them for malicious prosecution as you had a favorable termination on the merits of your case and they apparently had no evidence to support their case. You can request payment for emotional distress and financial losses arising out of the lawsuit.

If you hired an attorney for that suit you might also recover attorneys fees.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.