Can I continue to receive unemployment benefits if I return to school?

Owosso, MI |

I have been receiving unemployment for about 6 weeks now. I want to go back to school full time for an 11 month program. I completed an 'education waiver' but cannot send it in until 2 weeks prior to starting classes (per Michigan Works office). Will I be denied?

My information suggests you can receive unemployment while in school if you were eligible for unemployment benefits. However, if you are in a full time program and fail to continue to seek employment you might have a problem if you are not looking for work. "Will you be denied" is a question no one can really answer? Apply, you have nothing to lose.

Legal disclaimer: I am not your attorney and we have no attorney/client relationship. This response is submitted for informational purposes only. This is not legal advice, nor is it intended to be taken as such. Anyone considering the above referenced response and should always consult directly with an attorney within your jurisdiction before taking any action based on this, or any other information. This information is provided without any cost and therefore is what it is worth. Again this information does not create any privileged attorney/client relationship and you are cautioned about information you convey to any person in a public forum.