Skip to main content

Can I claim my younger sister on my tax return?

Atlanta, GA |

My mother doesn't work and I supply the income for my little sister. Am I allowed to claim her on my taxes to increase my refund amount? Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can but she has to live with you, you have to pay for the majority of her support and she has to be 18 or younger or under 24 and in school.


Attorneys Lee and Larson have given you the answer you are searching for.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


As per the other answers, she would have to meet the dependency test.