Skip to main content

Can I claim funds from an existing law suit for an automobile defect settlement?

Las Vegas, NV |

As a passenger in an automobile, I was injured by a well documented issue pertaining to the functionality of the seat. That was in 1997 and now I am coming to realize the full extent of the injuries.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

You hit the nail on the head as far as the exception to statute of limitations rules. The existing lawsuit is likely settled, so you would have to file a new one. You need a product defect attorney.


More information is needed, however, I think you will have some serious statute of limitations problems.

If you would like a free consultation, call me at 702-823-3333.


Contact a personal injury in NV to discuss your case, specifically the statute of limitations in NV.

*PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU COMMENT, EMAIL OR CONTACT ME. I am only licensed in Washington. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. This answer does not constitute legal advice.


Contact a car accident attorney. The issue is whether your case is within the statute of limitations or any exceptions or whether the case was previously finalized by settlement. Discuss this issue with a car accident attorney in your area.

24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4242 or visit us on the Web at


Probably a statute of limitations problem, but have a local lawyer in your city investigate.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer