Can I check online to see if criminal charges have been filed against me?

Dayton, OH |

Can I look myself up on the internet to see if criminal charges have been filed against me? I had a check bounce and am trying to take care of it. I got a letter from the prosecuting attorney saying they may file charges.

There is no online service for checking to see if a warrant has been issued for you. You could call the prosecutor and ask, but they might not tell you the truth.

The best alternative we have for our clients here in NJ is to call the prosecutor. We ask if there is a warrant, try to work out a consent bail, invoke our client's right to remain silent, and work out a time to surrender the client. I suggest you consult with a local lawyer in OH to see if this type of arrangement can be worked out for you. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER
Since I do not practice law in your State, this answer is provided solely for informational purposes only, for you to use as a starting point when speaking directly with a lawyer in your State. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising. I urge you to immediately contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice law in your State before you make any decisions about this case.

If the court you are charged in has an online docket system you can probably pull up any information if Passing Bad Check charges are filed against you there. Go to my website link page at http://www.ohiocrimelawyer.com/links.html and click on the item entitled Directory of All Ohio Courts.

Dan J. Weisenburger
Attorney at Law

www.OhioCrimeLawyer.com