Skip to main content

Can I change the cause of death on my lawsuit after its been filed,

Woodbridge, VA |

my mother was in a hospital to have mitral valve replacement , the hospital the hospital declared her not serious enough for the procedure , she stayed a month and her kidneys were destroyed by over lasik , they were at a 3 when she went in and in about a month the hospital wrote in their reports that she was in need of hemodialays , we were never told this when she es released , got the records 1 year later and learned of this . My lawyer wanted to use conjestive heart filer as the cause of death because they did not do the procedure and thats what her death certifacate says , but that was used because thats what she suffered from and there was no autopsy , lawyer has legally left the case and expert witness is due in 5 days what can i do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Get a new lawyer immediately.


I would get a second opinion on this from another lawyer.


Retain a new attorney.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Without an autopsy, you will have a very hard time proving the cause of death. Talk to your lawyer, ask if he regularly does malpractice. If he does not regularly do malpractice cases, find a lawyer who regularly does malpractice cases. This is not a job for your family lawyer, or divorce lawyer, or real estate lawyer. There a number of good malpractice lawyers in the Woodbridge area. You might want to use AVVO to find one.

Of course, you can always get a second opinion from another lawyer.


Sorry for you situation. Get a new lawyer immediately. Go to the "find a lawyer" tab.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer