Skip to main content

Can I change my home/work addresses used for my conditional license to out of state addresses if I have an NY cond. license?

New York, NY |

If I want to move to SC with an NY conditional license can I go to the NYDMV and change both my home and work addresses that I used to apply for my conditional NY license to out of state addresses? I would want to abide by the stipulation that I only use my license to drive to work and back, just in another state. My license is currently revoked for 6 months due to a 1st time DWI. Thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There is no reason to think you can't but call DMV to make sure.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.


Its not that simple. New York can only issue a conditional license to a New York license holder. If you move out of state you would be required to get a license from that state and surrender your New York license. I suggest you contact the DMV.