Skip to main content

Can I call a miss trial ,and ask for a new judge if I feel he is not being fair or if I feel hes predjadice

Sacramento, CA |

I am currently going to trial on this easement road that leads to my land locked property that I purchased online at auction. My deed to my home came with a deed for the easement to my home. With this proof and a title report that also states that the easement does belong with the home. I also hired a professional surveyor to survey my property, his outcome on my property is that this easement is adedicated road and the only way into and out of my property, and that this easement has been there since 1952. 61 years. This easement runs through my neighbors property to my property, and my neighbor abandoned this easement 1 week befoe I moved into my home. my neibor can not abandon this easement without my consent, this jude is having a hard time deciding, its only common sence.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Do you really believe that this is how the legal system works? If the judge appears to disagree with one side, that side can call foul and demand a "do over" with a different judge? Have you thought that through on a system-wide basis? I see some inherent design flaws there.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.


No, the time to challenge the judge has long passed.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


Both answers above by my colleagues are spot on. If you don't like the judge's ruling; you can appeal. That is the process.

The information above is NOT LEGAL ADVICE and you should not rely on it. Providing information on Avvo does NOT create an attorney-client relationship even if there is a back and forth exchange between us. The relationship can be created only if we both sign a written agreement and you have paid fees as required.