Skip to main content

Can I bring a case against Veteran Affairs for malpractice? Or some other claim.

Roanoke, VA |

Injured in combat several discs and other pain and disabling conditions. My MD changed medications with out notifying me. There is documentation that I let them know, and MD stated would correct. This has happened for last 4 months and has caused extra pain and suffering. I have a contract w/ MD and is supposed to inform me of medications changes, increase/decrease. It could have been fatal that my medication was changed. There is a bill of rights with Vet Affairs; states has right to be pain free.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Medical malpractice claims against the VA may be brought under the Federal Tort Claims Act. A med mal lawyer can have an expert review your medical records to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. Search Avvo's "find a lawyer" for a med mal lawyer who will investigate your claim. Good luck to you.

The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755


I doubt that any medical malpractice lawyer would undertake your claim. Medical malpractice cases, particularly FTCA case, are difficult and expensive to prosecute. The damages have to be substantial. A four month increase in pain due to a change in medication is not the type of injury that would likely result in any substantial damages award.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.