Skip to main content

Can i be sued for attorney fees in small claims court.

Quakertown, PA |

I owe two months for back association fees totaling $320. Can they sue me for attorney fees in small claims court.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There are provisions in PA's statutes governing associations and planned communities that allow for the recovery of attorneys' fees in certain circumstances in legal actions to recover unpaid association dues.


In short, possibly. If so, given the relatively low amount of association fees owed, it's also possible that the attorney's fee award against you could exceed the association fees owed! Talk about adding insult to injury.

For the amount of money you're talking about here, though, I'd suggest you try to settle up. The time and hassle of dealing with a small claims suit is probably not worth it. Good luck!

Cary B. Hall, Esquire
Law Offices of Cary B. Hall, L.L.C.
121 East Chestnut Street, Suite 205
Souderton, PA 18964
T: (267) 663-9995
F: (215) 525-4364