Skip to main content

Can I be sued for alienation of affection in Illinois if I do not live in Illinois?

Los Angeles, CA |

I am being threatened with alienation of affection and criminal conversation cases in Illinois although I do not live in Illinois and neither do any of the other individuals in the case. I simply visited once with my partner. I am currently in the process of getting divorced in the state I live in.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I've never heard of such a thing although I practice law in California. This is really an Illinois law question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer