Skip to main content

Can i be placed on a diversion program for underage drinking if I'm already on supervision in another county in IL?

Arlington Heights, IL |

on supervision for underage drinking and battery. Will these necessarily turn into a conviction if an attorney talks to the prosecutor and works something out?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


That's a tough answer and will depend on your county and the requirements of the program. There is a good chance the new charges may disqualify or kick you out of the diversionary program. Discuss these new charges with attorney, depending on the facts he may be able to work you into another program.

Attorney Gregory Spink is licensed in North Carolina, with a focused practice in Mecklenburg and Gaston Counties. Nothing is intended in this post to serve as legal advice. It is my opinion based on studying the law and passing the Bar Exam and should not be construed as legal advice. You should always contact a local attorney, who is familiar with local rules. Each case must be judged on a case by case basis with all evidence being reviewed by a licensed attorney. Nothing in this post should be construed as creating an attorney and client relationship.


Not necessarily but you are in jeopardy.


It is not impossible to receive a diversion, but generally speaking, being on supervision for the same offense doesn't work in your favor. You risk your driver's license being suspended, which it may already be for your prior. I represent many young people in your area and know the prosecutors are not out to hurt you, but you need to show you are taking this seriously. There may be some proactive measures you can take.

Feel free to call me or another experienced lawyer in your area that can help you.

Eric T. Perry
725 E. Dundee Road - Suite 204
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
(847) 465-0007

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer