Skip to main content

Can I be ordered to pay spousal and child support if I have been laid off and am unable to work due to a permanent disability?

Santa Ana, CA |

I recently filed for divorce because my wife is untruthful and a cheating spouse. We have been seperated for awhile now and I filed for divorce a month after I was disabled and laid off from my job. My wife works but I am still being ordered to pay child support to her for an old order. When all is said and done can I still be ordered to support her or will she have to support me? I have the kids the majority of the time with me at my residence while she works. I am permanently disabled and cannot work.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It sounds like you need to get you child custody and child support orders updated to reflect the your current situation. Retain an attorney or speak with your local family law facilitator (to locate call your county's family court).

Legal disclaimer: In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer