Skip to main content

Can i be forced to sign consent for a passport of a minor child in California?

Los Angeles, CA |

I have a daughter with whom I do not have an established relationship who resides in California. I currently pay child support for her. Can I be forced to sign a consent for her to obtain a passport when I do not wish for her to have one?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need to provide more facts. How old is your daughter? Is there a divorce decree? Is there a custody and visitation order? What is your reason for not wanting her to have a passport? Is she planning to take a vacation or is she planning to move away with the other parent?

Paris Kalor, Esq.
(949) 460-6466
We serve all Southern California and offer free consultation

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.