Skip to main content

Can I be forced to change my sons school without my consent?

Reading, PA |

Beginning this school year my husband and I enrolled my son in Cyber school. Mainly because of health reasons. My ex husband agreed to this and has also proved that by having his name added onto the list of caretakers, and coaches(Cyber School lingo). He sent me a cert. letter today, not from his attorney, telling me that he wants to go back to our 5 on 5 off custody because he is angry about an extra day last week that I could not give him because he did not give me enough notice and we were at the hospital for my Mother. Now I feel because of that he is firing back. He has threatened me that he is taking our son out of Cyber school and putting him back in traditional school. Can he do this without my agreement and since he does not live in this school district. BTW, he did agree to Cyber

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I think you should have the facts of your case reviewed with an experienced family law attorney. However, generally if parents share legal custody of their child they are both to have a say in big life decisions affecting the child, including school choice. If there is not an agreement these issues can be submitted to the court for resolution.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer