Can i be deported back to my country?

Coral Springs, FL |

Well I don't have my SS and i'm a young illegal immigrant but now im 18 years old and i have been here since 5 or less. I really need a worker permit and well i took someone's mail and got caught but i had to do some community hours to be cleared of record in case. I commited the crime when i was 16 and it should be cleared when im 18. Can the people who does the deporting view it if its suppose to be clear? could it happen? Im in high school still.

What can Been done?

Obama to halt deportation of some illegal immigrants http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/la-pn-obama-to-order-immunity-for-young-illegal-immigrants-20120615,0,4408241.story

If you are without legal immigration status you can be deported. The likelihood of deportation goes up if you have a criminal history.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

You really need an attorney. Are your parents or relatives able to afford one? Even minor criminal convictions can have deleterious effect on a persons immigration status, particularly when they entered illegally. My firm handles criminal immigration matters.
Regards,
Nick Misiti
Misiti Global
212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

The answer to your questions is maybe. It really depends on what the crime was and how you were charged. You may be able to benefit from the recent announcement by PResident Obama anoud halting the deportation of people your age and giving them deferred action and ultimately a work permit. Unfortunately, your criminal issue needs to be investigated by a good immigration attorney to see if you are going to be eligible.