Can i be criminally prosecuted, for theft, arrested or a warrant sent out.

Baltimore, MD |

I just recieved a letter from neal c tenen, claiming i owe my old job 1402.12, for theft, yet i quit 3 months earlier was never accused of theft and did not steal anything. but the week before i left, 2 co workers and i did take my managers paycheck, which was just a paystub, just to see how much she made. but one of us opened it and after seeing the amount we knew we couldn't close it back so we flushed it down the toilet. So how can they come after me for theft???? and should i get a lawyer or should i just ignore this.

I suppose the police could puzzle out a crime there somewhere. It would be difficult for you to call the company without making some sort of admission that could get to in trouble. If you ask an attorney to call, your attorney can thread through this somehow.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

A couple of pointers here. FIrst, this is a public forum so anyone with specific information about you or your case can find what is written here and used it against you. So it is best to speak to an attorney in private, or state that the "allegations" are such, without a factual statement.

The answer is unfortunately yes. A criminal charge of theft or unauthorized use can be filed, if they can establish that someone intended to permanently deprive the owner of the property. The value, however, is what is interesting. How much is the paper worth? Nobody took money, right?

I think you should hire a lawyer that practices criminal defense in Maryland to help you answer that letter and any other potential charge coming your way.

Anyone may be charged with a crime anytime, regardless of whether he or she broke the law. Theft is the taking and carrying away of another's property with the intent to deprive the owner. What you describe sounds like a theft. Whether you will be charged is anybody's guess. Whether the state might prove the charge is another matter.

Keep in mind that anyone, including law enforcement agents, may see what you post on line.