Skip to main content

Can I be charged if i shoot someones truck when there on my property and threaten to kill me and won't leave?

Jackson, KY |

In Kentucky, I asked him to leave several times he started threatening to kill me . I said I was calling the police. He started running at me with a big stick. I reached in the house grabbed a shotgun fired twice. He dropped the stick and ran got in his truck and left. I have private property and no trespassing signs up my wife and 6year old was in the house. He was a hundred feet or more from his truck. Now he has a warrant for wanton endangerment on me will this stick in court. I did fear for my family but I didn't want to kill someone. I'm turning myself in tomorrow

It was more of a club than a stick.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What you described may fall under a defensible act by a reasonable person, however, one thing is certain, he has a Warrant for you for wanton endangerment , not vice versa. As you may know, the State of Kentucky takes its judicial system seriously. The very first thing you need to do is retain a good local criminal defense attorney to prepare your case and present all viable corroborating evidence with witnesses to assert any Affirmative Defenses you may have in court.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602



Thank you, I just wish I could afford one.

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III


If you can't afford private counsel, ask the judge to appoint you a public defender at the first court date.


You need to hire a criminal defense attorney ASAP.

Wanton Endangerment I is a felony in KY, 1-5 years, max. fine up to $10,000.00, plus court costs of approx. $135.00. From what you post, you have the right to defend yourself and defend your family. Get a lawyer!

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


Hire a criminal defense attorney. It sounds like you have a valid defense but you need to have competent counsel. I recommend an experienced attorney who regularly practices in your county. There is probably more to the story that would be better stated in attorney-client confidence.

Kentucky law does not certify specialty of practice in this area. The advice given herein is informational and should not be considered as creating an attorney/client relationship. Michael Bouldin is an independent attorney located in Northern Kentucky. It is strongly recommended to not give any confidential information on any website.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer