Long story short, I-751 was denied, pending deportation, intend to fight to stay in the US. However I need to briefly travel out of the country (health problems with a close family member) and I know that if I leave the US now I will basically be self-deporting and will lose my 6K bond.
Can I ask my judge to grant me the right to leave for some time and be able to come back to fight my case? My understanding is that I need the Department of Homeland Security to grant that, how does that work?
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated.Thank you all for taking the time to respond to my question. I have decided to ask for voluntary departure, there are things that are more important than getting to keep a green card and family is one of them. Again thank you all for taking the time.