Skip to main content

Can I as an LPR file for my mother?

Jamaica, NY |

I am an LPR and want to file for my mother now and when i get my citizenship upgrade the file....can i do this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


As an LPR you cannot file for a parent. You must wait to naturalize first, and then petition for your mother.

Best of luck.

Verdin Law Firm, LLC


No, you have to obtain your citizenship first before you can apply for her.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite at 646-407-2331. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.


No. You must be a US Citizen.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Sorry but as LPR you may not file for your parents, you have to wait until you get your citizenship.

Good Luck!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer