Skip to main content

Can I apply I-551 stamp for my passport?

Van Nuys, CA |

I lost my green card but I've already applied for replacement and I've already done with the biometric last October 31,2013. I don't know yet when can I get my green card. I'm going to the Philippines this coming march 12 because i need to continue my studies their and i will enroll my subject this coming summer in the Philippines.
The uscis will give me the stamp when i'll make an appointment to them?
Or what should i do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, make an INFOPASS appointment with your local USCIS office to have the I-551 stamp placed in your passport. Bring your I-90 filing receipt with you.

The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Any answers offered by Ms. Koopman on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Make an infopass appointment, show them receipt for your filed form I-90 and they should stamp your passport.


Yes, schedule an inforpass. Produce a police report and explain. You will need a receipt of I-90 filed and paid for to have your passport stamped.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.