Skip to main content

Can i apply for the new waiver, even though i got 5 more to wait

Hialeah, FL |

Am merry and i applied for the visa in april 2007 and i want to know i also can i apply to the new waiver now and wait 5 more years. Thank you

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration US visas
Attorney answers 3


Sure, you can file as many applications as you wish.

But .... you will be wise to have an attorney help you.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


You don't give us enough facts to be able to answer your question properly. You should consult with an Immigration attorney to assess your options.

[This answer is for general purposes only; it does not constitute advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]


Yes, if you have an approved I-130 and the only issue is unlawful presence.

You really need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer