Can i apply for stem extension and h1b same time?Will stem extension approval after the h1b approval cause cancellation of h1b?

Tulsa, OK |

I am on OPT which ends july 2014. I am working as a IT consultant. I will be applying for STEM EXTENSION and H1B in April 2014.

You can.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Not cuase issues since the H1B will only kick in as of October 1. Once it does, it will automatically change your status to H1B.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Yes, you can.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.