Skip to main content

Can I apply for Obama's Differed Action ( Dream Act )?

Phoenix, AZ |

I have had a clear record all my life until I was caught for the first time stealing a DvD at charge was about $14.00 and I was charged with shoplifting misdimeaner 1..I had no ID with me so they couldnt release me. so they had to take me to jail. from jail I was then sent to ICE since I'm indocumented..ICE later the next day let me go because I was a DREAMER that had all the requirements needed to apply for the refferred action obama made..but now I have a criminal record .the judge dismissed the charge , later I paid my $250.00 tikcet..can i apply for differed action?!?!! i'm 19 years old

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, you can apply for DACA (not the "DREAM" Act which never passed), if you otherwise meet all its requirements. Consult privately wth an immigration lawyer in your area.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.



thank you for the help Giacomo Jacques Behar..this really helped

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar


My pleasure! Good luck to you. Giacomo


I agree with my colleague.

Guerra Saenz, PL--Immigration Attorneys (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.


1. Obama's action is a policy and not a law. It is not an Act.

2. Obama's policy does not provide immigration status. It only prevents qualifying individuals from being deported and may provide them with a work permit.

3. There are serious risks in applying as it can be terminated as early as January 2013 if Mr. Romney is elected President.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.