Skip to main content

Can I apply for food stamps and/or TAFDC if I am staying with friends but have no lease?

Greenfield, MA |

What proofs would I need? I have no lease, they are letting me stay with them in exchange for helping them pay their rent, but I am not on a lease.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Get an affidavit from the leaseholder explaining the financial relationship. Have the leaseholder sign and date it.


If you can get a statement from the original leaseholder and receipts on the amounts you have paid, it will likely be accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer