Skip to main content

Can I apply for citizenship if I had 3rd degree misdemeanor conviction

Denver, CO |

I am a Green Card holder since 1998. I went thru a very compicated divorce and was convicted of a 3rd degree misdemeanor (telephone harrassment) in Colorado and completed six months probation for that back in 2004. Can i apply for citizenship?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You certainly can apply and this isn't the type of offense that would typically be an issue in a naturalization petition. You must show that you have good moral character and I don't think this is the type of crime that would call that into serious question. You will be required to provide a certified copy of the court transcript related to the conviction. I have represented clients with criminal convictions that are far worse than this and they have been successful. Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer