Skip to main content

Can i apply for Adjustment of Status?

North Richland Hills, TX |

My husband who is a permanent resident of US is the petitioner of I-130 and i am the beneficiary. I entered USA with tourist visa on 2012 and then he applied for it on March 2012. I reentered US on March 2013 with the same visa.The case status is showing "initial review" in the website.My question is

1. Can i apply for adjustment of status ?
2. When can i apply for advance parole to go out of USA ?
3. Where can i find about how long it will take to get my green card?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


1) No
2) No
3) After the I-130 is approved, check the priority date on the State's website for your category

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.


I agree with Attorney Sharma.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.


1,2: No
3. It will take however long it takes for your priority date to become current or your spouse to get US citizenship, plus processing time.

The movement of priority dates cannot be predicted.

For the latest visa bulletin see

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.



In this case,do i have to stay in US until my papers are done?cant i go outside of US and return with valid tourist visa?