Skip to main content

Can I apply for a green card under vawa from the outside of USA?

Richmond, VA |

I have all the proper documents to apply for a green card under vawa now but I have to leave usa. And i was wondering if i will be able to do all that process from Russia?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I find nothing to prohibit consular processing for VAWA. But I would definitely get an attorney to help you.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |


No, That's will not be possible. A VAWA application can only be applied from within the United States.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with Mr. Behar.

Warning: Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider information contained herein as legal advice and you should check with your own counsel before relying on this message. I cannot provide reliable legal information without a full consultation. The information contained herein is thus not intended to create an attorney client relationship.