Skip to main content

Can I appeal my divorce if I was not granted any relief?

Houston, TX |

My ex didn't fully cooperate during the discovery level. It was demonstrated that he was hiding money and properties. In the end, he has to pay low child support, and no relief was granted to me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If he was ordered to pay child support you were granted the relief of custody and child support at minimum. Meet with an attorney face to face before your appellate and motion for new trial deadlines pass.

This does not establish an attorney/client relationship. Dallas, Denton, Collin and Tarrant County, Texas practice area. Principal office located in Lake Dallas, Texas.


It sounds like you are paying the price of not having an attorney. Hire a lawyer now. Your options may be limited depending on how long it's been since the order.

This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.


It depends. You need to consult with an attorney so you can discuss your case in more detail. Use the find a lawyer tab at the top of the page. There are deadlines for filing certain causes of action so I recommend consulting with an attorney as soon as possible.

This answer is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice nor forming the attorney client relationship.


You need to file findings of fact and conclusions of law a.s.a.p. Then pull the record, hopefully you get the records within 30 days such that you can file a good motion for new trial. Whether or not you get a new trial does not matter, well it does, but you also need to preserve the record for appeal. Then you file your notice of appeal and start to work on the brief. Best to hire an attorney for this type of stuff.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer