Skip to main content

Can i appeal a workers comp case?

Chula Vista, CA |

I have a workers comp case, today I received an email stating that judge in my case awarded me 6% of what i was being offered. Ive been out of the country for about 10 mos and i was not being advice of all actions involving my case. I feel I was not helped very much by my atty. what can I do? or Is there anuything i can do?

+ Read More

Filed under: Appeals
Attorney answers 1


You have 25 days from the date of Award (20 days, plus 5 days for receipt of Award by mail) to file an Appeal with the WCAB. You should discuss the "Petition for Reconsideration" with your attorney, to see if there are any legal grounds. The result of Trial is often less favorable than a settlement offer.

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.