CAN i appeal a dv visa denial on confusion on the country of chargeability entered ?

Miami Beach, FL |

I am french citizen but were born in Algeria Where i dont have anymore relationships. First The way things are presented in the DV entry lottery leads to confusion. second am still wondering what was doing the USA administration during the long monthes of processing not pointing this minor " chargeability country mistake " ( so They call it ) and at the end How could They send me the interview letter consequently at the Wrong knowing where i was born ?

More facts are needed but probably not.

my visa was denied on the base of the section 212 (a) (5a) which i dont think is related to my mistake/confusion entering my citizenship country instead of the country i was born...

More facts are needed .... meet with an attorney.

I must tell you, if this was last year's lottery ... you can't get a greencard ... no matter who's error it was.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

My question was regarding this year one..

I was denied a DV visa under section 212(a) (5A) because of a confusion when entering the entry form in the chargeability country being Algeriaand not France. I am french citizen but were born in Algeria Where i dont have anymore relationships. First The way things are presented in the DV entry lottery form leads to confusion. second am still wondering what was doing the USA administration during the long monthes of processing not pointing this minor " chargeability country mistake " ( so They call it ) when i called them several times to confirm all my applicatio details were ok. And at the end how could they send me the interview letter consequently at the wrong embassy knowing where i was born ? After i review the section under which my visa was denied i found out that it was related to labor certification and not my case: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligibilities/ineligibilities_1364.html Have you won a similar case in the past ? Do you think there is a ground for Appeal ?

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Yes, I fought a DV case ... with different issues, quite some time ago, with success. Grounds for 'appeal' can't be assessed without looking at all the paperwork ... for that I charge a consultation fee.

i have nothing agaisnt paying for a consultation but what paperwork are you pointing out ? you have all the elements about my case...

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

No, I do not have all the 'elements' ... I would need to see the actual paperwork (by PDF scan).