Skip to main content

Can I add a page to my will without having it redone?

Corbin, KY |

There are items that I want to go solely to my son that was left out.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

You could add a "codicil," which is an amendment of your Will. It should be executed with the same formalities as the original Will was.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!



Thank you very much!

James P. Frederick

James P. Frederick


You are very welcome!


No. Making any changes to your will could cause it to be revoke. Mr. Frederick is correct you would need to have a codicil to your will prepared or a new will.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer