Skip to main content

Can his soon to be ex-wife really come after me for anything? And is her harassment legal?

Medina, OH |

I met my boyfriend after both of us were legally separated. His soon to be ex-wife attempts to hold me over his head. She tells him that he has to pick between me and his kids. She tells him that I am his "sugar mama" so therefore he can pay her more money since I can support him. She is blocked on my facebook yet uses her children's and friends' account to see my postings.

And questions why I blocked her, the kids, and her friends. How would she know if she wasn't stalking me? I am getting hang up calls at work on my days in the office. She drove up to where my boyfriend lives during his visitation and was stalking around. I was at his place at the time. The kids like me and she keeps saying they don't. Do I have any legal recourse or can she legally attack me in any way?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you believe you are being harassed and stalked, contact the police. You will need proof, not just allegations. You can also file for a harassment restraining order, but you will, again, need proof. As far as "attaching" you, I don't know what you mean. She can't get any money from you, and your income can't be used in establishing child support.

This answer is not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - it is to be considered only a general response to a hypothetical scenario posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.


If you believe she is harassing you and/or committing a criminal offense (i.e. stalking, telephone harassment, etc), you can file a police report. You can also go to the Medina Common Pleas Court in Public Square and file a "Petition for Civil Stalking Order" in the General Division. You will need proof of "a pattern of conduct" that has caused you emotional distress and/or fear. As for your income, she cannot touch it, and, your income will not be considered by the Medina Divorce Court when determining child support for your new boyfriend. Maybe this guy and/or his ex-wife is just too much trouble. Entering into a relationship with another man who has already has children and is in the middle of a divorce with a hostile soon-to-be ex-wife is ALWAYS a bad idea. You can always call it quits and find a guy that doesn't have so much baggage. If not, you will have to deal with his ex-wife, and the Domestic Relations Court, and lawyers, until those kids are 18 and out of school. Caveat Emptor - buyer beware. Best wishes.


Of course you do. As long as you can document that she is engaging in a pattern of harassment - file an anti-stalking order with the County Common Pleas Court--or file for a restraining order in the local municipal court where you live. No one has the right to harass you--but document your claim before you file. Good luck.

The answers to questions provided in response to the request for assistance are general in nature, and reflect information which is primarily based upon general legal principals, and may additionally reflect Ohio principles of legal practice, as this is the primary location of this Attorney's practice. As with any legal advice, the advise is general in character, and should not be put into practice without specifically consulting your local counsel, who will possess far more insight into the applicable standards and laws of your specific State, your case's specific issues and the local Rules of Court and practices of the specific jurisdiction your legal action is governed by. You are specifically instructed : Do not proceed without first discussing this matter with your own local Attorney. Provision of the answers to general questions does not constitute an act of representation, and the Attorney shall not be deemed to accept employment based upon the responses contained herein. The reader is advised that they utilize the general suggestions contained in the responses at their own risk, and under no circumstances should they disregard the advise of their present local legal counsel based upon any suggestions or opinions contained herein. Also, the bast method to discuss a case with an attorney is to do so directly, by scheduling a formal consultation in their office, bringing with you at the time of the meeting all of your relevant paperwork, including any contratcs, any Orders from Court, decrees, complaints, pleadings, etc., and any other relevant information for the attorney to review. General information via the internet is no substitute for an actual meeting with an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer