Can he get arrested?

Parlin, NJ |

my fiancée was 18 years old and was drunk driving without a license . he went to court and was fined but at the times was not making enough to live and with his family was moving all over and ended up going back to New York for the next 8 years . he us now 26 and wants to fix this and pay everything off so he can live a normal life with me and our son . what are the chances of him getting arrested if he goes there and pay his fines

So your fiance never paid his fines to the court? If so, he's probably driving around with a suspended license and a bench warrant. You should advise him to speak to an attorney immediately.

The foregoing is not legal advice, and nothing in the foregoing shall be deemed to create an attorney client relationship. If you feel you need to speak with an attorney regarding your issue, it is recommended that you contact an attorney with expertise in your area of inquiry. The information related above is purely for informational purposes, and should not be acted upon without speaking with qualified counsel familiar with you specific situation and the laws related thereto.

no he never had a license to start but he had to pay fines that he never did from 2004 or 2005 he doesn't drive at all now though I have a car but I don't let him drive it I'm hit risking one if us getting in trouble we have a son to think about . but he does need to pay everything of so he can move on with his life

Steven Todd Keppler

Steven Todd Keppler

you should call an attorney in your area and discuss the situation.

He may have a warrant and a suspended license. If he can pay the balance in full he will resolve his prior charges, but the other issues could be problems. Start by calling the court for info and/or hiring a lawyer.

He should call the municipal court and explain the situation. He should be able to go directly to the courthouse and pay the fines. If he needs to be placed on a payment plan he will probably have to appear before the judge. An attorney can take care of all of this for without risking arrest.

Have him give the court a call. He should be able to pay everything off by check or even online. He will probably have to post a bail which will be credited toward his fines. After that, he has to get his license reinstated, which will cost about $200 because it's a DWI.

More information is needed. You want to call the court and find out the status of the case. there is likely a warrant with a bail attached. he may be able to post the bail and take care of the matter. this is best done by an attorney. Judge Webber is a good guy. Call with more information.

Your fiance probably has a bench warrant for him in the town where he had a violation. First he should get an attorney, who would contact the court and get the run down. I would avoid going into New Jersey because if he has the bad luck of being stopped for any traffic violation even burnt out tail light, he will probably be arrested on the spot

This answer does not create an attorney/client relationship, and is not intended to do so.

The information provided in this answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes. This content does not create an attorney-client relationship.

If it has been several years, then he probably has a warrant for his arrest. He should call the court and find out how much bail the warrant is for and whether there are any special terms. He should then have someone drive him to NJ, to any court, and pay the bail. They will give him a new court date on which he should return with the entire balance, plus a few hundred for contempt.