Skip to main content

Can he expedite for the Vawa and U-visa. im willing to move to mexico with him...

Fresno, CA |

My boyfriend was deported to mexico from the United States on May2011. He got a lawyer & has a receipt # for the Vawa and U-visa. They both where received October 2011. It's going to to be almost a year since his deportation but only 5 months since the applications. It's been very hard for me. Im getting worse with my finances & health. I am all he has... Can we expedite the Vawa or U-Visa on behalf of my situation? Im the one helping him with his lawyer fees & supporting him. I'm a USA Citizen & i dropped out of college and have depression. I want to be a Vet but with all this happening, my whole future has changed. I been with my bf for almost 6yrs. I love him so much but im willing to do anything for him. Im just getting impatient and very sick. im willing to quit my job as a vet tech

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

I can certainly empathize with what you are going through as your situation must be very difficult. It appears your partner has representation but given privacy issues, you may not be privy to issues or communications going on in the case. It may be more beneficial to have your partner discuss any options for expediting his case with his attorney. If there are issues you feel the attorney is not addressing, it may be helpful to seek out a second opinion, but bear in mind that the attorney would need to see the case file before properly advising you of the options.


You have an attorney. He/she knows the facts of your case. We do not. You need to ask your questions from your attorney.

You are essentially asking us to second guess your attorney without having all the facts. No competent attorney is going to do that.

You certainly are entitled to a second opinion. However, rendering a second opinion requires an analysis of all the facts, including any filings by your present attorney. That is not something that can be done for free through Avvo. You would need to retain an attorney for the purpose of giving you that second opinion.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.



My attorney doesn't know if she can expedite it on behalf of a significant other. She always leaves messages to the Vermont Center but they never return her call . shes a great lawyer but I was trying to help her out and see if other lawyers have experience this and if it's possible to expedite for a significant other.



VSC entertains requests to expedite based on humanitarian reasons. The reasons usually have to be extraordinary. You can always try to have your attorney make the request and the worst thing VSC can say is no. Good luck!


Agree with my colleagues.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer