Skip to main content

Can Green holder file fo K3 visa for spouse ?

Columbus, OH |

I am a permanent resident currently living in Columbus and wanted to apply for K3 visa for my spouse.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


No. Under current legislation, in order to apply for a K3 visa for your spouse, you must be a United States citizen.

Nothing in this response to your posting on AVVO is intended or should be considered as legal advice to your specific situation. Our posting is intended to provide general information of interest to the public. Facts relevant to your situation and not disclosed in your posting may affect your specific legal rights and remedies.


You have to be U.S. citizen to apply for K3 visa for your spouse.


No you must be a U.S. Citizen. If you have possessed your green card for five years then you qualify to become a U.S. citizen. Consulting with an immigration attorney to discuss timelines would be beneficial.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney client relationship is established by this response.


Unfortunately, No. The visa that allowed green card holders to bring in their spouses temporarily is no longer available. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St Ste 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174

Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice. Answers here are not legal advice because they are of general nature and not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.