Skip to main content

Can domestic violence charge be dropped and can a DA void a comment?

Aurora, CO |

My boyfriend was charged with a domestic violence charge. I want it dropped. My father called the DA yesterday and said that me and him were in contact, how can this be voided?

will he go to jail if my father does not call in and say it was a mistake? because he left a message saying we were in contact when there is a "protection order". what happens? can it be voided if i call and say something? how can jailtime for him be avoided? first offence no past record.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


DV is serious. As are all criminal complaints. Once you make a complaint, it is out of your hands what happens to it. You need to talk to a lawyer to discuss your options about what to do to stop the process.

Edward J. Blum

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer