Skip to main content

Can/do we sue the business?? And if so, what type of lawyer do I need to contact?

Oroville, CA |

My husband is in the union, he does highway construction and he was doing his job a few days ago when his formen ran him over. Nothing is broken, thankfully, but he is really beaten and scraped up. Nothing has happened. I cant get anywhere with workmens comp.....Nothing has happened to the foremen.....and now we are getting word from a few friends/employees that they might put him on light duty for a few weeks, then fire him. I know that has to be illegal. What do we do ? Who do we call ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Your husband has a union rep that's there to protect his job and his benefits, including his right to worker's comp. He should contact that rep before doing anything else.

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU COMMENT, EMAIL ME OR PHONE ME. I'm only licensed in CA. This answer doesn't make me your lawyer, and neither do follow-up comments and/or emails and/or phone calls, and you shouldn't expect me to respond to your further questions if you haven't hired me. We need an actual agreement confirmed in writing before any attorney-client relationship is formed. This answer doesn't constitute legal advice, and shouldn't be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.


I would also suggest getting in touch with a workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible. The news about them firing him is not confirmed but you might want to also seek out an employment law attorney who represents employees. Good luck.

This answer does not create an attorney client relationship. Further, as the answer is going to be posted in public domain, this communication is not protected by the attorney/client privilege.