Skip to main content

Can Cps Transfer a case to a different state?

El Centro, CA |

My husband who resides in WA has an open CPS case against him. We have 2 kids together and two Step children whom I have Raised for over 8 years. They wanted to live with me however, according to BLOOD and the state of WA THEY ARE NOT MY CHILDREN. My husband and I broke our "Safety plan" and I took my two children out of state. The other children are now in FOSTERCARE in WA and there is NOTHING that I can do to get them right now. THE state also said that I was "notfit" because I "Failed to Protect" WA Cps called the state I will be residing in and TOLD them to CHECK on my kids... My husband is in the State of WA. WHAT CAN THEY DO???

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Of course CPS often picks up the phone and calls another CPS unit in a different state if there is a situation they want checked out. CPS in California will investigate and reach their own conclusions.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer