Skip to main content

Can cps take away my child for smoking pot???

Spokane, WA |

I am a single mom
I have a lot of health problems and have been smoking for years to help with my pain and mental disorders
According to the law in my state I have enough grounds to have a medical card however I cannot afford one due to the fact im not allowed to work and im on a fixed income
My daughters sperm donor called cps on me claiming child neglect due to my daughter having a severe diaper rash which I have taken her to a doctor a couple times for
I do not smoke myself stupid and never around my child I use it responsibly
I failed a UA for THC I have not smoked since this all began and am in a lot of pain.
These allegations so far have been proven false
I was wondering if cps can take my child for me smoking pot???

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Potentially, yes. Smoking pot without a prescription is illegal and could affect your child, hence CPS involvement because you may be putting your child at risk.

The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.


Yes, stop making excuses and get your card. The money you just saved by not using MJ should cover it. Getting legal will help with the physical issues but you may need to get help on the mental health issues and stop self-medication. This is a good opportunity to ask for help if you need it.

DISCLAIMER: The forgoing comment is for general educational purposes only, and is not legal advice upon which the reader may rely as the commenter has no actual knowledge of the facts of the case, has not interviewed persons or examined evidence, and has not researched the applicable law. The comment is based only on the facts provided, which are extremely limited, and may or may not be true. Complete defenses may prevent the success of any claim. Competent legal advice should always be obtained before taking any legal action or filing suit. Readers employ any information provided herein at their own risk.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer