Skip to main content

Can cps take my unborn child with a closed case

Saint Petersburg, FL |

My kids have been taken away from me due to domestic inside the home. I had another child a year later with my abuser. They took my son out the hospital. Me and him are no longer together. Apirl 2,2012 I voluntary gave up my rights and they closed the case. Now I'm pregnant again n they want to take this one can they do that

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


yes they can do that (unfortunately)



But how


Yes, it is a never ending process. Try to hire an attorney to advocate for your rights as the mother.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family & criminal law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-377-6828. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.


Yes, depending on the facts. Hire an attorney.

This content is informational only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


Yes- the State can file a petition for adjudication related to your new baby based on the history and failure to complete a previously court ordered case plan. If they do file a petition, if you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you. Unless the State pursues up front termination of your parental rights, if the baby is found to be dependent, you will have the opportunity to complete a case plan for reunification.

Legal disclaimer: this response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is based on the limited facts given and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney before taking any action based on the foregoing statements.