Skip to main content

Can courts take restitution that is owed to me if i owe restitution in different case

Littleton, CO |

My truck was stolen court ordered him to pay me restitution. I owe restitution on my own case that I have been paying on. Will the money owed to me go to what I owe, or be mailed to me to replace my items stolen?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It could probably be done either way.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in a free consultation with Mr. Bryans, call The Bryans Law Office at (303) 832-2930.


The money owed to you could be taken to pay your restitution. However, in most cases the Court doesn't track different cases that closely and will not do that. In all likelihood, you will have to pay your restitution and the thief who stole from you will have to pay his to be delivered to you.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.