Skip to main content

Can court order papers for Paternity Establishment before the child is born for unmarried parents and public assisted cases?

Phoenix, AZ |

I am pregnant with a child and not married . I wanted to know if court can order paper for paternity establishment for NCP before child is born . What are the steps DCS takes to establish a paternity before the birth of a child ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Neither DES nor the court will pursue/issue Paternity/Support orders until the child is born.

Information provided on this site does not constitute legal advice. Answers posted here are based on a very limited amount of information and are given without a conventional consultation. Information posted here should be valued accordingly. We offer free initial consultations that require completion of a questionnaire detailing your situation and a personal one-on-one attorney interview to provide qualified legal advice. The answers posted here might be completely different with more information.


No until the child is born there i no way to determine who the Father is. Once the child is born you must file a petition for paternity and child support. If you contact DES while you are pregnant and are receiving services they will most likely assist you with filing the petition

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer