Skip to main content

Can Connecticut extradite someone from WI without giving a docket number of the case that the person is being extradited for?

Stanley, WI |

The person walk away from a half way house in 19998. The conviction was in 1996. The person is serving time in WI and would like to motions the judge in Connecticut to allow him to serve the time concurrently with the time in WI. The clerk of courts can not find a docket number because of how old the case. The DOC will not give it out. The person is representing himself pro se in Connecticut but does have a lawyer in WI. What does Connecticut have to prove or give to WI or the inmate to extradite him?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


CT has to prove the person is wanted and/or has an active warrant. Doesn't seem like they can.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia



thank you that is what we thought; He is working on it now.