Skip to main content

Can child protective services stop me from going around my girlfriends children because i was convicted of sodomy3 over 20 years

Medford, OR |

i was not ordered to sex offender treatment,because she lied about her age. and i have never been considered a threat by the state.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


They can remove the children from her custody if they believe that she poses a threat to them (in this case, the 'threat' would be that she allows you to be around them). She would then have the right to ask a court to review that decision. The court would have to decide whether the circumstances justified the removal. This is a highly fact-specific decision. Much depends on how she - and, by extension, you - presents herself. She should consult with an attorney in private.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer